Sharing image stretched Topic is solved

Having troubles with SparkShare? Something you don't understand? Post it here, there's surely someone who can help!
LadylexUK

Sharing image stretched

Post#1 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:22 pm

I created a png image for my assembly, and saved it to the assembly file which appears exactly like the Team Dakota ones in the gallery, with a transparent background. It is not the full sized screenshot, as it can also be used as a display icon. Your app has distorted that image (squashed and stretched it). How can I upload a different image for your system? I do not want to change the icon.png. What size dimensions does it need to be?

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Re: Sharing image stretched

Post#2 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:31 pm

Hey LadylexUK!

I know about that and I'm working on a solution for the next version. Basically, specifying an image to an asset applies that image to the asset in Project Spark. SparkShare gallery does resize/stretch but doesn't respect the ratio, so it appears stretched. The workaround for now until next version is to use dimensions in the ratio of 340 width, 180 height

LadylexUK

Post#3 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:50 pm

Ah, so I can't have one picture for your catalog and one picture for Project Spark? I guess it will have to stay stretched then, as I want people to be able to use it in the display layer - and a big box around it is not ideal, it needs to be a cut out. Options for your app:
Keep the two images (catalog and icon) separate in the form. Both can be pre populated with the icon.png but you can change each independently. That way you can have a cut out icon for the assembly prop, and a more showcase style picture for the catalogue.

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Post#4 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:56 pm

Yeah I know what you mean. 1.1 should be out today, or tomorrow latest. Let me tell you in advance what is included in the next update that should roll in a week or two... A tickbox on the upload page, to decide wheter or not the image you specified should replace the assets default image on upload. So it does what you are asking for, just a bit differently.

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Re: Sharing image stretched  Topic is solved

Post#5 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:10 pm

This is now available in version 1.2, enjoy!

Return to “Users to users support”