Woohoo, a lot of questions, thank you for your interest
I'm gonna try to answer them all, might look formal, but it ain't
- Yes, it's totally free, from start to finish. AirConsole proposes AirConsole Hero subscription to get rid of the 30sec break you get after 5 minutes play and 5 minutes break after 30 minutes gameplay. This is not on us, we get a smal rev share from it. We were against that, but AC imposes this so...
- AirConsole is a Swiss company that started that idea that your screen could be the console and your mobile devices couldbe your controllers. It work very well, they have spread over the world using servers around the globe, to guarantee no latency.
- Press-to-Play is doing great. Released on arpil 6th around 10h45, we are up to 3600 minigames played so far. Not the moon, but definitly the sky for a first game
- As I said, we three only knew each others through skype calls and our personal work. Wertandrew is totally the artist, I'm totally a coder with no artistic idea and DankP3 is a a mix of us both which is damn handy. I presented them to the modern tools for collaboration, like Git/SVN, Kanban, team organisation tools. We went on my all time favorite (members since over 15 years), Assembla. The project is hosted their privately and we can post tickets, write wikis, use the svn repository to work together. The developement went first on a GDD that we discussed together and we started splitting work.
- Minigames were decided in GDD phase first as we did not really know the AirConsole limitations. With time making them we quickly came to the conclusion AirConsole plugin wasn't good enough so I developped it to a state it allowed us to do whatever we wanted. Mini games ideas came in almost everyday, and their fates were decided by us three according to our ideas.
-Advertising is the good point. It's hard nowadays to emerge as the scene is really cluttered. We have built our website, facebook page, twitter, linkedin, youtube etc. We have been present to some game events like Ludicious in Zurich, White Nights in Prague, 3 events in Greece, and are planning to attend to White Nights in St-Petersbourg, Nordic Games in Malmö Sweden, letting people try early stages of our game, distributing flyers and some home made t-shirts. After our nomination we have contacted the press. After our release Wert has contacted the Greek press. I have to say, advertising is a hard point when you have almost no budget.
- We have not really planned recruiting people to help spread the words. For now, we can at best offer a t-shirt or two and some flyers. AirConsole is helping as we came third, by asking their official beam.pro streamers to stream about Press-to-Play. We haven't even talked about welcoming people in our tensionfull but so cool "family" yet. We have nothing to offer but our passion and maybe, at the end of the road, success? Helping us is always possible for one that believes in us, by spreading the word, streamer, showing, talking about us and we are more than grateful for those who do