Closing services

Stay tuned!
Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Closing services

Post#1 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:01 am

Let's face it, it's time to stop this. Project Spark won't come back and this forum is not used. The statistics of SparkSahre use are nothing but at lowest.

I have decided to end this. I will close the services by the end of april.

Thank you all for your support and spark. Good luck in your future game developements

I have completly reorientated myself in IoT dev since over 2 years now. You can follow me on Twitter and Youtube if you feel like it. I am building personnal assistants that run completly offline and respect your privacy.

paradoxmoose

Re: Closing services

Post#2 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:18 am

Understandable, thanks for your efforts though, Psycho.

LucidStew
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Closing services

Post#3 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:20 am

Sorry to hear it, but you stuck with it a couple of years longer than I thought you would. I'm glad I was able to stop by and catch this before it happened. That way I can express my gratitude and admiration for your titanic effort, and dedication to the community. It was people like you that took Project Spark from a cool little game that made things, and transformed it into a memorable and inspirational time. It's too bad about the timing because this could have been a tool that was used by many, many people for a long time. As it stands, I think most of the last vestiges of Project Spark will migrate to Dreams on PS4, and that will be the end of it save a few dozen people on Xbox One, so I think this is as good a time as any.

I'm going to toot my horn here a little just for a laugh, but I'd like to proclaim that I was the most downloaded creator on SparkShare, and had the most downloaded single item by far. I tried my best to drive traffic toward the app, but that's hard to sustain when it supports a de-commissioned game that new people can't play. It's funny, but my most downloaded level HERE got about the same amount of downloads as my very first Project Spark upload during the XB1 beta. That ties it together nicely for me.

I don't care to say goodbye to you guys! We had lots of arguments and differences as a community, but I never doubted anyone's dedication to the cause and that's part of what made it great. It might not be everyone's cup of tea, and not everyone owns a PS4, but check out Dreams for PS4. It feels very much the same right now as Project Spark did for me when I first played it in March of 2014. At a minimum, stop by one of Twitch streams and say hi. We'll hang out a little, talk about old times, and I'll show you around Dreams. Thanks Psycho, and thank you SparkShare. You were a good little app.
End of line.

Return to “News”