August news

Stay tuned!
Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

August news

Post#1 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:33 pm

It's been a looong time since the last news and the last release... I know... But what is happening is awesome. Starting from the simple idea of sharing assemblies and brains, the ideas kept coming in and improving. The functions the app proposes got more powerfull days by days. The look of the app itself evolved from a simple UI in a single window to a multi window modern app. Ideas didn't stop coming in though... And a decision was to be taken...

The implementation of my first idea was good, fast, rigid. But with all the evolution, we are now light years from the basic code and adding more got more and more difficult. That's why I decided to not only clean the code, but also rewrite, having all the functions in mind. Zgloug, as always, brings his design ideas and keeps sending me photoshop files and images to help me making SparkShare a fresh and modern app.

I can't say the app is gonna be ready in 2 weeks or a month. But I can already give you a taste of the future:

Along with this screenshot that says almost nothing, here are the key points of this future app:

• In app user management
  • Search function improved. It will search by keyword and sort the results wherever they belong. Searching for "Psycho" might not only show you the assets I shared, but also the assemblies, brains, levels or kinect captures whose names contain the word Psycho, all that sorted in categories
  • No more main buttons, that lead to restrictive categories, everything happens in the catalog
  • Featured category
  • Language settings
  • Creator's blog
  • Fullscreen support
  • and many more....

Believe me, the wait will be worth it!

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Re: August news

Post#2 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:12 pm

New login screens added. From now on, you will have to login prior to use SparkShare, we don't want you to miss any of the awesome functions that will be coming with it!

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Post#3 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:14 pm

Few screens of the actual state...

Daimwn

Post#4 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:37 pm

This is amazing work.
Truly looking like a professional well thought out app from a big studio.
This is going to be great to use with the community.

SwarmHammer
Level 1
Level 1

Post#5 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:52 pm

can't wait to use that version, looks clean, professional, and good.

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Post#6 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:01 pm

Bed time, it's been 15 hours today :)

Zgloug
Level 1
Level 1

Post#7 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:34 am

Awesome work!

In the project page, the right column: maybe not display the "pack" line when the project does not belong to any pack?

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Post#8 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:09 pm

Thank you!

Actually no, I can't do that :) Because it's also there that you will click if you want to edit your asset and put it in a pack. The screenshot is old, now when no pack is set, it says "None". Gosh, gotta make a new serie of screenshots, it's going fast now!

gameguru318

Post#9 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:15 pm

This looks far better than the current interface.

Also,are you considering putting in a folder browser button, it would make for easier access to see what's been downloaded, or is that a thing already?

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Post#10 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:42 am

A profil will be implemented in the near future, under which you'll be able to see what you've downloaded/voted/uploaded/commented etc etc etc

Return to “News”