SparkShare version 1.0

Stay tuned!
Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

SparkShare version 1.0

Post#1 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:14 am

Hey everyone!

This is it, SparkShare is ready for public release and available!

It's been a long road that took us through 3 different UIs, hundreds and hundreds of hours coding, tons of ideas etc etc... But it's here now!

You surely also noticed the new front page http://www.projectspark.ch
And maybe the account creation tool: http://www.projectspark.ch/ss/accounts/index.php

All beta accounts and the entire test time database have been cleaned and you now need to create your own account to use SparkShare

To celebrate SparkShare launch, Team Dakota kindly offered me 10 codes to enter the "Gigantic" game beta. I will hand out the codes to 10 random activated SparkShare accounts. The 10 random accounts will be picked on the accounts created before friday 13th novembre 2015 23:59 GMT+1 (14:59 PST). Make sure to sign up using the account creation tool, to finalise the process by giving a nickname and to log in SparkShare in order to be eligible

Today's TD twitch stream will be about SparkShare and presenting the functionalities and the use of it.

So, what has SparkShare become?

• Browse tons of assets created by other creators and download them for free
  • Upload your own best creations to share them with the world
  • Use a search engine that is made to find what you search
  • Use the powerfull pack function that allows you to assemble your uploads in packs people can download at once
  • Thumb up the best creations
  • Comment the assets to give creators some feedback

What is SparkShare future? Because development never stops, here are a few points that might see the light in SparkShare:

• Image importer
  • Blogging functions for creators
  • Chat
  • Kode sharing functions, auto brains to share

And much more, only the use and time will tell.

I'd like to thank every beta users that have helped, reported bugs, brought ideas etc etc. In short, and to name them: Wertandrew2, Daimwn, Swarmhammer, Zgloug, Hallorin, SparkThomas

I also want to thank Team Dakota for their support and approval of SparkShare. Guys, you rock, keep on Project Spark and the good work!

Thanks to a few external people for translation, code, art, help etc etc etc: Fringul88, Cleo Kamui Master, Savormix, NBali, Chris, Zgloug

And finally, thanks to my wife that suffered loooong hours of loneliness while I was just coding and trying to make SparkShare the best sharing tool

bobkidd73

Re: SparkShare version 1.0

Post#2 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:47 pm

"Gigantic"? What is it, and where can I find info on it?

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Post#3 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:01 pm

Check this out : https://www.gogigantic.com make sure to check the videos :)

bobkidd73

Post#4 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:50 pm

Looks really cool, like the art, never been a multiplayer, but would definitely be interested. I signed up, would be cool to get the code. Thanks for response.

Zgloug
Level 1
Level 1

Post#5 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:51 am

Too busy for now but I just signed in with the last version. I'll check it this week end. Good job sir!

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Post#6 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:33 am

Quick reminder for everyone: You do have to login on SparkShare to be eligible for the beta code random distribution. Only the accounts created and logged in at least once until this evening (12h26 minutes from now) are eligible

AncientClown11
Level 1
Level 1

Post#7 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:01 am

Blessings my friends;

Here's something that sticks out as a little off and not sure if it's a bug or a small oversight in development, but there is no slider once you move deeper than the catalog. I'll attempt to explain better and clarify with an example...As i was checking out the Toys Pack by Wertandrew2 on SparkShare, if i leave the catalog and click the pack itself, i can only see the top 2 creations and the rest of the pack is buried and no slider bar to move down or move them up so i can see them all. I then clicked on my own packs i just uploaded and i get the same thing...only the first 2 items within the pack are displayed and the rest are buried below.
I doubt it was designed this way on purpose, but wasn't sure if it was a bug or a simple oversight, so i mention it here.
your humble servant,
ancient clown

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Post#8 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:49 am

Morning there! You are correct, there's no slider... I only thought about mouse users, because you can just scroll down... Lemme see what I can do :)

Return to “News”