Project Respark (Project Spark .appx repack)

Everything related to Project Spark should go here
regiscaio

Project Respark (Project Spark .appx repack)

Post#1 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:17 pm

The Project Spark wasn't only discontinued, it was put aside, abandoned without at least having plausible explanations on the subject. We need to unlock the Project Spark (.appx) so it doesn't request to login to "Xbox Live".

This file has been downloaded by the store, it is the last version available from Microsoft.

Original application (.appx): [moderation removed]
    Modified application (.appx): coming soon.

I think we all want it and we need a repack to play it. If we make a joint effort to modify the application, we'll soon be able to release it so everyone to have access to this fantastic game.

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Re: Project Respark (Project Spark .appx repack)

Post#2 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:30 pm

This is available on my downloader...... Removed the link

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=79

The appx is not yours, reverse engineering it is not allowed. Sure you can unzip it and have dll access to it. Modifying it will make you loose the signature. You can try to continue my work at redirecting the connections, you don't need to alter any appx and distribute unsigned code which will cause problems installing. All you need is to write a basic server answering the redirected queries coming from the game itself. Redirect the dnss in your host file, listen with a simple java server, answer accordingly, understand how the license keys are generated (not possible imo) and you're good to go. And it works.

The next question is: is this worth it? Look at the game state itself... The core community is gone. The game is totally bugged under Windows 10 (mouse and controller collisions), some parts are still missing in the computer version, there's no server (only sparkshare), multi level functions are gone for good unless you recreate the linking in the fake server etc etc.

I started the server writing, but there's no community to work for, no activity on that game anymore because MS wants it dead

regiscaio

Post#3 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:51 pm

This is the premise that made me think that the best thing to do is to "repack" the application. The project has been forgotten, and Microsoft doesn't really wants it working. The project is neither mine nor yours, in fact it's orphan. I figured out how authentication is done, and I believe it's necessary to modify only one line (and readjust the rest). A minimal modification.

Don't get me wrong, but there are many people who wants to play this game. And just like me the vast majority who tried to install didn't succeed.
Last edited by regiscaio on Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Project Respark

regiscaio

Post#4 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:57 pm

I made the download link because I tested yours downloader and it took a long time to complete (trying 3 times due to crashes).
Project Respark

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Post#5 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:09 am

I do get it, but I can't let an appx coming from nowhere. And you are missing the dependencies, recheck your wireshark logs ;)

It is hosted where it's hosted to, how to say that, avoid problems. Bit slower, but works.

The project is not ours, but definitly Microsoft's, and modding the appx is not the best idea unless you want problems. Bugging the authentification can be made in different ways, be it through repacking and distributing unsigned installer, through a mini server, host file and others. Modding the appx you can even enable the debug mode, making the internal http server start allowing for content addition

Then you will need to find out how the licensing works, because of the missing content.

I think for clear reasons, we should continue this discussion in pm

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Post#6 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:48 am

So this hasn't gone any further?

EddieGrapes
Level 1
Level 1

Post#7 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:51 pm

I would be more than happy to help, but have no knowledge on how to go about such a task

Return to “General discussions”