Has Microsoft added a new block on PS recently?

Everything related to Project Spark should go here
Naga

Has Microsoft added a new block on PS recently?

Post#1 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:49 pm

Hi all, I have had PS since it first came out and purchased/downloaded all the available assets. I took a break from koding for a while and when I returned in May this year found The Noxious Swamp assets had gone missing. Thanks to Pyschokiller1888's BringBackOurAssetsFFS.bat file I was able to restore Noxious Bog assets (plus some others I think).
Big sigh of relief! I resumed koding with renewed enthusiasm for 2 months, then took a short break for a few weeks.
Just returned to Koding today to find my projects have loads of missing assets, I only have 2 biomes (empty world and Temperate Woodlands). In the editor selection panels I have bright green icons saying "Temp Icon".
When I logged into Spark I got the usual message at front end "You are no longer connected to the Project Spark Service. We are unable to update your licence and content." There was another line which I don't remember being there before: "While disconnected some content may not be available" but I wont swear to it.
I then select a project which now takes a long time to load and the above message is again repeated which, again, I don't remember happening before. Project eventually loads with loads of place holders and little graphics. I note that in the bottom right corner the PS pulsating Tree icon remains and only half drawn.
Any one else experienced this recently? And has anyone any suggestions as to how I can retrieve the situation?
Many thanks.

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Re: Has Microsoft added a new block on PS recently?

Post#2 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:32 am

Hey there!

Yes, I had that too, everything was gone all the sudden, just maybe two asset packs not... I did not dig further into it and simply never reinstalled PS.

EDIT

Out of curiosity, I just reinstalled it... And it works for me

So maybe you need a fresh install of PS?

LucidStew
Level 3
Level 3

Post#3 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:29 am

I've had the same thing happening with PS on one of my computers. I think part the problem at this point is that PS is stagnant as Windows 10 is still regularly updated. No one is doing anything to ensure that PS is 100% compatible, and strange behaviors are showing up. On my current computer I've installed PS 5 different times. First time worked for about 2 weeks then crapped out. 2-4 were a no-go. 5th time works fine, but I'm not taking any chances by importing any of my old saves. Things will only get worse over time, even on Xbox, unfortunately.
End of line.

Naga

Post#4 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:47 pm

Hi Psychokiller1888 and LucidStew, many thanks for your responses. As a result of which I did indeed reinstall PS using Psycho's DeployProjectSpark.bat file. Pleased to say that, for the moment at least (!) PS appears to be fully functioning for me once more.
Many thanks Psycho for your splendid .bat file. (BTW you might want to see my response to Screise's missing sky query in users to users forum as it might be helpful)

Return to “General discussions”