Project Spark (dot com) Forum Archive

Everything related to Project Spark should go here
Brasten
Level 1
Level 1

Project Spark (dot com) Forum Archive

Post#1 » Sat May 28, 2016 3:24 am

When the Sunset announcement came through saying the UGC was being taken offline in August, and that fate of official forums was unclear (but likely to follow) I started doing an archival backup of the message board, to preserve user Guides, FAQs, Bug reports, and other relevant information. Provided here is the archive current to 2016-05-17. I will try to update the archive when possible, to catch new posts between now and shutdown, but I can't guarantee that. The archive already covers over 60k individual HTML files massing in at about 5 GB of text. As a community we wrote a lot of text in one and a half years.

This Archive was create for academic and archival purposes, to preserve a wealth of knowledge and community effort that may otherwise be lost.

forum.projectspark.com archive (.7z, 67 MB, 5 GB uncompressed)

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Re: Project Spark (dot com) Forum Archive

Post#2 » Sat May 28, 2016 7:17 am

Yeah!! Nicely done! There's ton of material in there :)

Well, maybe hosting that in the future would be an idea?

Brasten
Level 1
Level 1

Post#3 » Sat May 28, 2016 8:31 am

It's something I'm thinking about. I'm kinda waiting for the official forums to actually be taken offline. I just wanted to get a copy of it off my computer now... in that "just in case" moment of something like hard drive failure.

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Post#4 » Sat May 28, 2016 8:31 am

Perfect :)

LucidStew
Level 3
Level 3

Post#5 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:37 pm

At some point we'd probably want to go through that and slim it down a bit. :lol:
End of line.

MindcraftMax

Post#6 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:29 am

By the way, I discovered this wonderful website a while ago which allows us to visit Project Spark (without having to download the archives): https://archive.org/web/

LucidStew
Level 3
Level 3

Post#7 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:17 am

Unfortunately the Wayback archiving is really spotty. The latest archive of the forums that is somewhat reliable looks like 8/9/16, but still plenty of holes. But, definitely better than nothing, and way more thorough than whats here on the forums outside of Brasten's archive.
End of line.

ScoobyWRX555

Post#8 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:29 am

Wow its been a year since ps closed

Return to “General discussions”