Login error solution

What's up?
Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Login error solution

Post#1 » Sun May 29, 2016 8:24 pm

Hey all!

After my message asking for some testers I can announce that the first volunteer just got his account unlocked and is probably playing at this very moment, on an account that never had to do with PS prior to its removal from the store.

Now, the solution is not very practical... My aim is to understand what made it work, I mean, deep in the machine itself, what changed and what cracked open to allow him to access the game and the online servers. I need to find that little thing that makes it work like instantly, in a scripted and automated form rather than using the solution we proved working. Anyway, the sun is not far, prepare for sunshine soon!

#projectspark #sparkon #reviveprojectspark #projectsparklegacy

ChoosingJoker

Re: Login error solution

Post#2 » Sun May 29, 2016 9:35 pm

Glad to know it worked mate! Hope you find a solution soon I can't wait to play it. All hail PsychoKiller

Yelow

Post#3 » Sun May 29, 2016 11:59 pm

:lol: cheers !!!! Thanks for the work

gepp0
Level 1
Level 1

Post#4 » Mon May 30, 2016 12:30 pm

YOU SIMPLY ROCK, PsychoKiller1888!! :o :o :o :o
I really can't wait to see this working, so...many thanks for your hard work and...fingers crossed for the developments!! :D :geek: :ugeek:

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Post#5 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:17 am

No really working solutions yet. I invite those who would be interested in unlocking their accounts to contact me through private message

swirlser

Post#6 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:27 pm

I really appreciate this. Ive read thru a few different threads now about this login issue (that I am also having) and finally ended up here.

I did know about PS years ago, but never had win8+. Was going to build a new PC with Win10 with broadwell-e so figured Id get into PS then. But then I saw an article about PS being axed - Effective IMMEDIATELY! :/ Silly MS cutting out Win7 users probably didnt help getting the game out to more people >.>

Anyway, hope I get to actually try this thing sometime...

gepp0
Level 1
Level 1

Post#7 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:24 am

A little (big) update on the error login issue:
I don't want to raise hopes too much, but...after tonight session with Psychokiller1888, in which he helped me unlocking my copy, I think I may have discovered a solution....I'm still discussing it with him, so...stay tuned for more! :ugeek:

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Post#8 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:06 pm

A few people got their account working using my workaround. Unfortunately a scripted solution as announced by gepp0 is not yet developped and no explored paths have yet proven stable/working. In the meantime I'll continue unlocking accounts on demand, via private messages

gepp0
Level 1
Level 1

Post#9 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:19 pm

Just a quick follow-up for those interested.
Activation of Project Spark is still not possible as a "completely offline" process. To activate the game you basically still need someone who bought the game before it was pulled off Microsoft Store to help you generate a local license on your PC (the "license" itself is a pretty small XML-based file, stored into a subfolder in "User/AppData/Packages"....its contents, however, seems to be hardware-related, so just copying it from another computer won't work :roll: ), plus an "always online" microsoft account to log in on the windows PC you want to play on.
Be advised that, even if you correctly activated the game post-sunset with the above and the help of a friend, in any case, if you switched to a classic "offline" windows account, even with a local license, you won't be able to use it to play online , so if you really want to do so, you will be stuck with playing it offline (and this is where SparkShare definitely kicks in, of course :lol: ); to play offline with an "offline" windows account, of course, you will also have to manually block all outgoing network connections from Project Spark, otherwise you will be locked out because "you need to log in with the account you bought the game with...". :geek:

Ok, I know this feels as complicated to read as it was for me to write... :roll: Point is, there's still work to do. ;)

AJZ

Post#10 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:59 am

gepp0 wrote:Just a quick follow-up for those interested.
Activation of Project Spark is still not possible as a "completely offline" process. To activate the game you basically still need someone who bought the game before it was pulled off Microsoft Store to help you generate a local license on your PC (the "license" itself is a pretty small XML-based file, stored into a subfolder in "User/AppData/Packages"....its contents, however, seems to be hardware-related, so just copying it from another computer won't work :roll: ), plus an "always online" microsoft account to log in on the windows PC you want to play on.
Be advised that, even if you correctly activated the game post-sunset with the above and the help of a friend, in any case, if you switched to a classic "offline" windows account, even with a local license, you won't be able to use it to play online , so if you really want to do so, you will be stuck with playing it offline (and this is where SparkShare definitely kicks in, of course :lol: ); to play offline with an "offline" windows account, of course, you will also have to manually block all outgoing network connections from Project Spark, otherwise you will be locked out because "you need to log in with the account you bought the game with...". :geek:

Ok, I know this feels as complicated to read as it was for me to write... :roll: Point is, there's still work to do. ;)

i have project spark on xbox one dose that work or dose it have to be on pc

Return to “News”