Inventory Weight System

Having troubles with Project Spark? Something you don't understand? Post it here, there's surely someone who can help!
ReteroX

Inventory Weight System

Post#1 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:01 pm

Firstly, my deepest gratitude Psychokiller1888.

Project Spark has been one of the most incredible experiences of my life. Some of my favorite moments of the last two years have been brainstorming and cracking Kode bugs early into the morning.

Your work has allowed one of my favorite past-times to continue to survive, I feel indebted to you for this monumental act of kindness.

Ok, so now to my predicament.

For over a year (on and off) I have been trying to make an inventory system in that handles item weight, but I always run into strange problems like; item variables not clearing after dropping the item in question, and regardless of the countermeasures I put into place, I cannot seem to work out the quirks.

Perhaps it is in vain, but I was hoping that I would find someone who was as eager to solve problems as I am, on this forum, this final bastion of a truly amazing game.

I can upload my examples on SparkShare if required, I look forward to working with someone on this.

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Re: Inventory Weight System

Post#2 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:39 am

Thank you for your kind words. Can't say much, but i'd go for declaring a weight variable on the items themselves and handle the pickup/drops by reading that said variable adding/substracting from a plyer inventory current weight variable

LucidStew
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Inventory Weight System

Post#3 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:58 am

I am a programming student, and always looking for ways to improve my coding. I'd be happy to help. Let's see your kode.
End of line.

Return to “Users to users support”