Skies missing

Having troubles with Project Spark? Something you don't understand? Post it here, there's surely someone who can help!
Scriese

Skies missing

Post#1 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:44 pm

Hello!

I've been looking around a little, but couldn't find a thread with this topic.
Recently, a new "can't connect to the servers" message started popping up for me in PS. It warns of missing content, and sure enough, some of my sky settings have gone missing. I can only set Day, Morning, Night and Evening in World Properties, but not Asteroid, Bog, Space, Storm, and the likes.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a way to bring them back? Thanks for any help!

SilverSong3

Re: Skies missing

Post#2 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:48 am

Here I thought, "Na, something like that wouldn't happen."
Then I looked and thought, "Oh...well. Nevermind."

Yes, I have the same trouble as you. Well, I don't have the bog, and maybe a few others. I do have more options than just day, morning, night, and evening, such as space, void, and fog. Of course, I tried koding something like that in, but to no avail. While I wish I could offer assistance by bringing back the assets. But digging into this topic: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=185
there may be a way to get the skies back by downloading a game with those assets. I could easily be wrong, though.

Don't get discouraged! We may be few, but there's still enough to keep the game (and our interest in it) floating.

Scriese

Post#3 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:55 am

Yes, those were exactly my thoughts.

We can probably find levels on SparkShare using certain skies, then we'll just have to delete everything and make our own map.
Not the greatest thing if you're not sure which sky would look the best though...

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Post#4 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:35 pm

Yeah, more and more cases like this. PS is decaying and there's nothing to stop it. Try uninstall and reinstall

Naga

Post#5 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:36 pm

Hi Scriese I had your problem last week after applying Pyshokiller1888's deployprojectspark.bat file (cant thank you enough Pyscho) but fortunately I discovered things weren't as bad as seemed.

If I was in editor mode and went to world properties I too could only find basic skies. HOWEVER, when coding in a brain (say, player or logic cube) on DO side, I found that on "page 2" of the basic kode wheel there is "World properties". Click on that gives sky properties. Click on that gives sky. This applies SKY tile, then select "="tile, then next kode wheel gives you world properties. Click on that gives sky properties. Click on that gives "sky gallery". Click on that gives 12 skies (bog, nether, space nebula etc), from there take your pick.

Resulting line is:
WHEN DO Sky = "Bog Sky"

I hope this works for you too. Fingers crossed!

Naga

Post#6 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:54 pm

Just to clarify - missing skies was NOT the fault of Pyscho's DeployProjectSpark.bat file. I used the .bat file to restore my project spark which had during the last 2 months mysteriously "lost" various skies, all biomes apart from empty and basic one and all the assets associated with missing biomes eg void, bog etc. The .bat file was my saviour!

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Post#7 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:51 pm

It might be that the appx I share has the assets included, where the store download doesn't for some reason/people. I really don't know why all this is happening. We have kept PS running a year after its closure, let's hope it's playable for a while longer until a major Win10 update completly ruins it

LucidStew
Level 3
Level 3

Post#8 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:46 pm

I'd assume that since controller input in the editor is already a hack, that'll be the first to go.
End of line.

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Post#9 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:59 pm

I can't use my xbox one controller on latest insider builds already... Need a new dongle....

Scriese

Post#10 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:34 pm

Heads up!

By starting a Crossroads Adventure (or just pressing "Create" in Edit mode), you can select whichever sky you'd like. Just randomize a few times to find the one you're looking for.

Then, if you don't want to go through the whole hero creeation, quest, and such, just press Esc after you've selected the sky and edit your world freely.

Return to “Users to users support”