Trouble Shooting Old Pre-Post-Sunset Login Issues

Having troubles with Project Spark? Something you don't understand? Post it here, there's surely someone who can help!
Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Re: Trouble Shooting Old Pre-Post-Sunset Login Issues

Post#11 » Fri May 20, 2016 1:35 pm

This is totally weird. I simply don't understand why it would work for some and why not for others. To be honest non ever understood, as this is a known problem.

Could you check your app permissions?
  • Click on your account image, on the start menu and choose "Manage account"
  • Click on "Manage my Microsoft account", should lead you online on https://account.microsoft.com/?ref=sett ... =Windows10
  • Go "Security and privacy"
  • Unders "Apps and services" choose "Manage permissions"

Is Project Spark listed there? If so, click on it and revoke the permissions. Make sure you log on account.microsoft using the account you wanna use for Project Spark (and thus the account you should be logged in on your current Windows session)

For reference these are the needed permissions (except for the dates that should be something else for you)

gepp0
Level 1
Level 1

Post#12 » Fri May 20, 2016 3:14 pm

Psychokiller1888 wrote:This is totally weird. I simply don't understand why it would work for some and why not for others. To be honest non ever understood, as this is a known problem.

Could you check your app permissions?
  • Click on your account image, on the start menu and choose "Manage account"
  • Click on "Manage my Microsoft account", should lead you online on https://account.microsoft.com/?ref=sett ... =Windows10
  • Go "Security and privacy"
  • Unders "Apps and services" choose "Manage permissions"

Is Project Spark listed there? If so, click on it and revoke the permissions. Make sure you log on account.microsoft using the account you wanna use for Project Spark (and thus the account you should be logged in on your current Windows session)

For reference these are the needed permissions (except for the dates that should be something else for you)

First of all, many thanks again, Psychokiller1888, for all your hard work and dedication...it really means much for me, and I guess for anyone else on this forum.
I checked my three different MS account, and all the proper authorizations were there for PS, as instructed...I issued revocation for one of the accounts, and I will try to re-authorize it as soon as I get my hands on my home PC (this will be in a couple of days, since I'm abroad for work, atm), and report back here.
For the moment, again thank you for all your patience and help. ;)

[just a little edit: I managed to check the authorizations from remote]
Last edited by gepp0 on Fri May 20, 2016 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Post#13 » Fri May 20, 2016 3:19 pm

You're welcome! As said many have tried to solve this and it would be great if we finally could find the working solution!

PulseSnK
Level 1
Level 1

Post#14 » Sat May 21, 2016 12:35 am

I have tried this to no avail :( Seems that this is not the issue, will keep trying.

SwarmHammer
Level 1
Level 1

Post#15 » Sat May 21, 2016 4:30 am

PulseSnK wrote:My file size is correct and I do not have Project Spark listed in my applications on the store, even after installing and running. I would not mind at all playing offline if there was a way to do so.

In your library, go down to the games section and click on show all, from the store. Project Spark should be in the list of installed games. If it does not work, if you are on a local account, switch to a MS account. Local accounts cannot usually access applications from the store.

PulseSnK
Level 1
Level 1

Post#16 » Sun May 22, 2016 12:29 am

No it is not in my game list I think I said this earlier. Appreciate the attempt though ^.^

gepp0
Level 1
Level 1

Post#17 » Mon May 23, 2016 3:50 pm

Brief update: still no luck, but for a different reason...my net connection was down, last night, so I had to postpone all tests. Hopefully, tonight my provider should have solved all issues... :oops:

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Post#18 » Mon May 23, 2016 4:03 pm

Good, keep us updated whenever possible, I really hope we get to solve this once and for all

gepp0
Level 1
Level 1

Post#19 » Mon May 23, 2016 11:36 pm

Ok, net if working again, so here's what I just did:

Case I:
- logged with my old MS accounts online and de-authorized PS for all of them;
- reinstalled PS, then started it from my standard offline account. Activation procedure ran back and forth from MS store and PS, but no avail, in the end I always reached the "buying PS: 0,0 Euros" screen, clicked the "accept" button, then clicked back on PS to skip intro and log in. At this point, the error message "login with the account you bought PS with" appeared on screen, as usual;

Case II:
- logged to my PC using one of my MS accounts;
- reinstalled PS, then started it from my standard offline account. Activation procedure ran back and forth from MS store and PS, but no avail, in the end I always reached the "buying PS: 0,0 Euros" screen, clicked the "accept" button, then clicked back on PS to skip intro and log in. At this point, the error message "login with the account you bought PS with" appeared on screen, as usual;

Case III:
- created a new MS account from scratch;
- set PC region to France;

...I frankly cannot understand what am I doing wrong... :oops: it really seems PS would not run on my system...at least not until we find out how to bypass online activation.
I checked all my MS accounts online...PS does not appear as "bought" on any of them, so this might really be the issue... :ugeek:

Brasten
Level 1
Level 1

Post#20 » Wed May 25, 2016 3:24 am

I tried with a very old XBL Account that never had Spark on it, United States Region.

0) Totally cleared Project Spark from the testing machine.
1) Made a new Local Non-MS user on the PC (SparkLab Offline 2)
2) Ran the Batch File as Administrator to install PS, from SparkLab Offline 2, giving the machines admin password.
3) Once PS was installed Ran it from SparkLab Offline 2.

4) Windows Store opened a Pop-Up asking to signing in. Gave old XBL Account sign-in.
5) Was asked to make XBL Account the login for SparkLab Offline 2, selected "Just this one app".
6) Was asked for XBL password again for Windows Store
7) System Opened a pop-up asking to "buy" PS for $0.00, selected Buy

8) Project Spark picked up on the XBL account, did not ask to sign in to XBL
9) PS hung logging into PS UGC. Closed and relaunched PS 3 times. Then disabled the network connection. Relaunching PS took it to Offline mode immediately.

10) Close PS, enabled the network connection, launching PS and had access to the UGC under this old XBL account.

=====

I don't know why PS is throwing a fit about "login with the account you bought PS with". I'm almost out of ability to trouble shoot on my end. My next step will be to see about a PS account in a non-US (likely EU) region.

=====
Non-PC XBA account seem to able to load PS on PC. Outside of the currently un-explainable issue. XB1 Users looking to save their work before August should locate a friendly PC that meets Project Spark's specs and use the Batch file. That way they can go through their back catalog of unpublished Worlds, Brains, and Assemblies, to Save to the PC. I'll see about an "Abandon Ship" write-up.

Return to “Users to users support”