Step by step from 0 to playing Project Spark

Having troubles with Project Spark? Something you don't understand? Post it here, there's surely someone who can help!
Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Step by step from 0 to playing Project Spark

Post#1 » Wed May 25, 2016 5:42 pm

Ok, many seem to have problem running Project Spark once downloaded, so here is what I'm doing... We'll see how it turns out. Be sure that nothing here is cheated, I will go through everything I do, with material that never had to do with Project Spark, new accounts and all...

• There's enough components in my home to build a computer
  • Let's build it... Asus Sabertooth 990 R2.0, AMD FX 6300, 8go DDR3 @1600mhz from Corsair
  • Missing a harddrive.... Hmmm, opened an Xbox first of the name, took the HD from it (it's anyway a hacked one I did replace years ago, so it's a Western Digital Caviar Black 500go) This one surely never did ran PS!
  • Built all that crap together, found an old screen (lol letterbox 19'' Philips), a dead mouse by Microsoft.... Terrible the amount of hardware my house can old. Could even build another full computer. And took my Logitech K400r off my Xbox One, so I have a keyboard and a mouse all together. Found the wires for the power supply in my huge wire collection (hoarder here...). But hey, not RJ45 Lan cable yet, want to install it offline so it doesn't bother me with online crap during installation. Will plug it later. Lol, forgot that xbox hard drives are not SATA and ATA is no longer available on motherboards nowadays... Well, let's use one of my 4 storage drives from one unused Synologies
  • Let's boot it! Damn, those stock CPU fans are loud! Anyway, biiiip, of course, new CPU installed blablabla, UEFI BIOS, setup this new thingy... Once QFan is on the noise is more reasonable... And the ram should be set to proper voltage and frequency. Alos make sure that the computer boots on USB key
  • USB key... Damn, download Windows 10 with Microsoft Media Creation Tool... Tic tac tic tac tic tac... Loooong!
  • Plugin the key, boot on it, chose Language to install French, Clock and money layout to Swiss French as well as keybord to Swiss French
  • Next, install now...
  • Cooool! Your computer needs a drivers that is not available! Love that shit, that's gonna take a while to fix, they can't even say what driver is missing... Bravo Microsoft....
  • Aaaand of course, when you want to try something, the odds are against you... Asus site is not available atm http://www.asus.com/ch-fr/Motherboards/ ... /HelpDesk/ Will see later...
  • Ok, US website was up, could download Windows 10 Asmedia drivers, still not working... Stay tuned for the next episodes, will work once for sure!
  • Hate Asmedia, I just went to another port with the harddrive, will see what happens
  • Ooook, sorry Asmedia, but fuck USB 3... Or no, actually Microsoft... THEY CAN'T EVEN INSTALL ON A USB 3.0 PORT??? What century are you guys in? Hey, wake up, USB 4.0 is soon gonna be out and Windows 10 doesn't yet even have USB 3.0 drivers included for installation??
  • Ok, installation in on going, time for some Resident Evil, part 3 actually, and I'll be back
  • Hey, that wreck isn't even too slow for a computer, took about 6 minutes to first install reboot!
  • Woaw, never saw that, almost all the drivers are installed... just missing ARPR but who cares... Just quick config that machine, single click to open files, show hidden files, adding a few icons to the desktop etc etc. And isntall Asus AI Suite because the stock fan is scary and I want to monitor the temperatures...
  • And of course, time to plug the lan cable, so Windows can finish updating, and meanwhile I can download winrar, geforce experience, logitech setpoint, avast
  • Also, to access my network, naming my computer to PSLegacy and setting the workgroup to XBOX
  • You need to reboot, blablabla, as always, you don't need, no problem just keep going on and shut your mouth Windows.
  • And now I'm going upstairs because I said we would watch the Resident Evil 3 (don't ask why, the answer is because) and I'm stuck down here writting my installation story. See you guys tomorrow
  • Start menu, turn off.... Click, lights off... BB

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Re: Step by step from 0 to playing Project Spark

Post#2 » Thu May 26, 2016 9:55 am

Wow, 09h53, time to get up. Been watching pranks for an hour in bed... Well, guess people do that on their sundays... (thursdays are sundays for me :) ) So back to this project...

• Ok, booting the machine, works fine, download avast, install it, setpoint, install it, geforce experience, install it...
  • Meanwhile added pics of the computer on the first post...
  • --------------------
  • Ok, so far so good, now go into the real business... First, I installed Windows without Lan, so I only have a local account.... I want an online account of course... For that I need a fresh new email adress, because I want to be sure nothing has had anything to do with PS before. So heading to my internet provider: http://www.bluewin.ch and create a new email adress under my account (I'm granted 50 free emails adresses... The adress is gonna be pslegacy@bluewin.ch
  • Start menu, clicked on my account non existing image and chose edit... Here Windows tells me that I have only a local account, and proposes me to connect using a Microsoft account. Let's use that link!
  • A popup is asking me an email adress and a password... Or If I don't have yet an account, there's a link to create one :) Ok, so that's what I need, used that link
  • Please wait, please wait, it's long... Finally, it's asking me for details about me, so let's fill that...
  • Next page asks me if I want to be spammed by MS Advertising and if I want to get promotional stuffs by MS, you bet....
  • Ok, it want my actual password, from the local account...
  • On the next page I can define a pin code... Easier to login, this function is cool
  • Ok, what I need to do now is verify my account, as they sent email with a confirmation link to use to finish creating the MS account... Time to submit the post btw, so I won't loose everything in case of browser crash...
  • Now that the account is completly made, clicked on "Confirm my identity" so that I can confirm it with an email sent code
  • Time to reboot, just to make sure Windows 10 did understand that I switched to an online account (and there's update waiting...)
  • Preparing the update, don't turn off your computer.............. Coffee time!
  • Rebooted.... And got a private message from an angry user telling me my pictures are in french. I don't give a crap, learn french or do whatever you want. I'm doing this to help, so I'm pretty sure you are aware of a website called "Google" that helps you translate in case you don't understand. Want me to show you? Here you go: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=google+translation
  • Of course now that I'm online, OneDrive asks to connect, I did accept, anyway, won't use that computer (for sale guys lol)
  • Time to use my tool: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=79 . Downloaded it, used it... Gonna take a while to download, see you guys a bit later :)
  • Ohhh, I forgot... Activating Windows sideloading... Start Menu->settings->updates and security->for devs->sideload apps which was already activated lol
  • Now downloading using my tool
  • Ok, resized pictures with Photoshop on my main computer, added them to this topic, it's still downloading... looonng.... And I did not turn of automatic sleep mode in Windows, gotta do that or it might cut my download in the middle... Start Menu->settings->system->power and sleep mode->Setting sleep to never
  • Still downloading.......... Doom 4 time! Cya later!

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Post#3 » Thu May 26, 2016 10:57 am

Level 1, 2 and 3, all secrets... But you don't care, that's Doom 4 and you are here for Project Spark...

• Mmmh, download is over, but the script is waiting... Little bug found in the script :) Fixing it later
  • Let's deploy...
  • Time to try to Start PS :)
  • First popup coming: Do you accept PS to access your data? Yes....
  • Second popup asking me to give my pin code...
  • Again a popup asking if I want to optimize my Store experience... Let's say yes
  • Next popup proposes me to buy PS for 0.00 CHF, let's buy it...
  • Got the famous error that I need to connect with the account I used to buy it blablabla.... Closing PS
  • Heading to http://www.xboxlive.com now
  • Logged in using my new account
  • Filling details they ask me, such as my birthdate and the region I'm coming from
  • Next I need to accept their conditions
  • I'm logged in on xboxlive.com, clicking on my profile, changing my gamertag to PSLegacyII (someone took PSLegacy....)
  • That seems to be ok, trying to launch PS and see what happens now...
  • Ok, still having the same problem, let's reboot, as the account is just freshly a new Xbox Account
  • Now that I think about it, it's weird, PS asked the informations in a reversed order compared to last time...
  • Heading out with my wife now, will continue a bit later. Cya!
  • While waiting, I went to my microsoft account and revoked the Project Spark rights to access my account informations
  • Starting PS again...
  • Get the please sign in to the account used to purchase blablabla... While on my MS account, I saw that I never purchased anything, which is weird... So I think there's a step missing... Continuing later
  • K, back... So, let's uninstall PS, start menu->parameters->apps->Project Spark->uninstall
  • Checking if local files were deleted. The WindowsApp files were deleted, but not the ones in %localuser%/packages/Microsoft.Dakota_8wekyb3d8bbwe, that is still containing localstate files. Hmm, deleted them.
  • Rebooting computer so that the system tree sees that PS is gone
  • Before anything, starting Windows Store, to make sure I'm logged in there
  • Starting my tool to deploy PS again. BTW, need to fix it... Check out version 1.0.1
  • 1.0.1 works nicely, let's start PS again...
  • First popup asks me if i do agree that PS accesses my Xbox Live informations
  • Won't let me in, please sign in using the profile blablabla
  • Using the link I provide to the store, I can see that the store, on Project Spark s page, says "Open", so the store works that way apparently, it checks what you have installed, and not what you have bought. Let's start the game from that. Takes longer to load, it's thinking a bit more... Will that work?
  • No, please login blablabla... Hmm, let's go check the profile itself
  • OKKK, YOU DON'T WANT ME TO PLAY CROSOFT? Let's go Hardcore now! Unplugged LAN and let's rock and roll baby
  • Only managed to get rid of the please login with the same account by crashing PS. So now it doesn't show any errors, but it won't launch...
  • Something is weird, I have another idea, using SparkShare Xbox account to make the machine PS compliant. I think this is the key, as by tryinfg to understand what's going on, I saw my machine declared on account.microsoft.com.... And I think the hardware has something to play here. What if I had SparkShare account on this machine, run PS from it so that MS Store knows that this machine has indeed bought PS once, and then try again with the other account?
  • Well, that theory is pleasing, but my wife is waiting, so I'll try a bit later... Resident Evil 4, I'm coming...

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Post#4 » Thu May 26, 2016 11:22 am

K, resident evil afterlife sucks... But I knew that and it's my fault if I decided to watch it again... Still one to go and I'll have eaten the whole serie and will be ready for the 6th coming out soon

• Uninstalling PS, as I have totally messed it up... Made sure it's gone for good on both locations
  • Start menu->click on my profile->manage profile->family and other users->add a user to this computer
  • Wait, what was SparkShare's account? Hmmm, need to do some digging... Heading to xboxlive.com and try to log with all my adresses...
  • I have it, used it to log on my computer, a freshly created session that just finished installing...
  • Using my tool to install PS. But first, need to copy paste the appx to my own downloaded document, don't want to redownload the 2go file...
  • Meanwhile I check who I'm logged in with on the store, and quickly heading to xbox live to ensure this is correct
  • And also I need to confirm my identity on my profile... Cool, I had sms option for this one...
  • Now that all that is made, let's install PS... Running my tool again...
  • It's installed, let's try now... Aaaaannddd, it works... I'm logged with the account SparkShare...
  • Closing Project Spark, start menu->disconnect and reconnect to the PSLegacy account that wasn't working... If my theory is correct that machine now has rights to use PS
  • Running my tool to deploy PS on this sessions, remember, I uninstalled it just a while ago...
  • Deployment goes very fast if PS is already installed on the machine, so let's start it and cross fingers...
  • AAAaaaannnnnnd iiiiitttttt woooooorrkkkkss!!!! Ok, this whole crap is hardware dependent.... MS, checkmate, I have a solution for the future generations of gamers that want to play PS :)

Now for the love of finished work.....
  • Start menu->account->manage->family and users->delete that SparkShare account from my computer
  • Let's try to play PS... Still working! Let's reboot to make sure...
  • After reboot, launching PS....... Works!
  • Next step is formatting and trying to see if now my account has or not the authorisation to use PS directly.

gepp0
Level 1
Level 1

Post#5 » Thu May 26, 2016 3:18 pm

Following this with all my fingers crossed... :) So far, this is what has been happening on my PC... :oops:

tampakc

Post#6 » Thu May 26, 2016 3:33 pm

soooo... reversed means fixed?
edit: so yeah it says reserved, im officially a blockhead :cry:

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Post#7 » Thu May 26, 2016 6:07 pm

Ok guys, solution found, it works :)

Stay tuned, will make a guide to easy install and play PS

PulseSnK
Level 1
Level 1

Post#8 » Thu May 26, 2016 6:42 pm

Thank God. Awesome work Psycho.

tampakc

Post#9 » Thu May 26, 2016 10:12 pm

so, is the guide going to be uploaded here or on a separate post?

gepp0
Level 1
Level 1

Post#10 » Fri May 27, 2016 11:32 am

Psychokiller1888 wrote:Ok guys, solution found, it works :)

Stay tuned, will make a guide to easy install and play PS

:o :o :o :o
Can't really wait to... 8-)
Am I right in guessing this is bound to be some kind of registration key, linking the PC hardware to the actual game copy? :mrgreen:

Return to “Users to users support”