Step by step from 0 to playing Project Spark

Having troubles with Project Spark? Something you don't understand? Post it here, there's surely someone who can help!
Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Re: Step by step from 0 to playing Project Spark

Post#11 » Fri May 27, 2016 11:51 am

My guess comes from the fact that even on xbox another profile can play a game you have bought and downloaded. So knowing that, temporarily hosting an account on your computer marks that hardware in the account know hardware, unlocking access to the game by default. Wild guess, but it works. Next step is to check that once you used the game it is marked as owned on your account or not. Hope so, because an account is limited to 10 machines

ThatDrummerGuy

Post#12 » Fri May 27, 2016 2:22 pm

Man I just heard about this game yesterday... Stupid MS taking down a great game, googled for hours and ran across this forum. Psychokiller18888 if you get this working you will be a god among men haha

PulseSnK
Level 1
Level 1

Post#13 » Fri May 27, 2016 10:00 pm

Psycho, are you putting the guide in a separate post?

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Post#14 » Sat May 28, 2016 7:25 am

I'll need one person for some private tests....

Requirements:
  • Windows 10 installed and running
  • Appx downloaded
  • Project Spark installed and not crashing
  • A "please login with the account used to purchase" error account
  • Skype with voice
  • I'm Swiss, so GMT +1 and +1 summer time
  • No kiddo, I want to test, please be of good spirit, I know where you live and I will hunt you down if you try to f*** me ( :) )

Contact me through private message only on this forum.

EDIT
Ok, got two testers already, thanks

tampakc

Post#15 » Sat May 28, 2016 8:24 am

Why does the timezone matter?

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Post#16 » Sat May 28, 2016 8:30 am

Cause when it's 1pm in USA it's 11pm here. I work a lot, up around 5:30am and come home around 7pm. So I'm usually not available till 2 o'clock morning :) and I work weekends :)

Yelow

Post#17 » Sun May 29, 2016 2:30 pm

Psychokiller1888 wrote:My guess comes from the fact that even on xbox another profile can play a game you have bought and downloaded. So knowing that, temporarily hosting an account on your computer marks that hardware in the account know hardware, unlocking access to the game by default. Wild guess, but it works. Next step is to check that once you used the game it is marked as owned on your account or not. Hope so, because an account is limited to 10 machines

So I uninstalled the entire winstore from my windows 10 system, but still got the error. It may don't have any business with the actul store connection. A local license maybe ?

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Post#18 » Sun May 29, 2016 7:41 pm

Thank to tampakc for test and being a cobay I now have a working solution. His account that was showing the login error just unlocked about 5 minutes ago

felippenarciso

Post#19 » Sun May 29, 2016 7:59 pm

Oh my God, where is it? You're amazing Psycho!

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Post#20 » Mon May 30, 2016 7:45 pm

Now that a working solution was found here are the next steps to make it user friendly and not requiring me being helping each and every users :)

• Formatted the test computer
  • Installed Windows 10, same as the other day, with main account being pslegacy@bluewin.ch
  • It's now updating
  • Update made, machine restarted
  • Copied the appx from my other computer so no need to download it, deploying PS...
  • Starting PS...........
  • F*** off, login error of course... You know what? GOOD! That's what I wanted!
  • Closed PS
  • Heading to c:\program files\WindowsApps and granting myself rights to access it and mod files (that's another guide lol)
  • Copying the entire dakota directory to my desktop into a "compare\non working" directory
  • Settings, users, add a new user
  • Reboot to finish some updates, and log into new profile
  • Deploying PS to the new account
  • Starting PS, lol, made a fucking achievement just by doing nothing... SparkShare account has now 1 achievement lol
  • Do magic
  • Closed PS
  • Logged out from the session
  • Login using pslegacy account
  • Starting PS....
  • Works :) Why? Let's find out!
  • Heading to c:\program files\WindowsApp and copied the whole Dakota directory to my desktop, this time in "compare\working"
  • Starting two tools on these directories, one to compare the structure and content and another to hex compare the files, waiting, loong :)
  • Nada, it's not that.... So I already have the next step, but let's first format

Return to “Users to users support”