I say we can! (Download Project Spark after may the 13th)

Have something important that other people might find usefull? Well, drop it here and help others!
Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

I say we can! (Download Project Spark after may the 13th)

Post#1 » Mon May 16, 2016 10:27 pm

Yes, I say we can! Even new comers can download and install Project Spark and experiement with it! SparkShare makes it possible to share your worlds and creations, and maybe when the servers go down I'll have another solution to be even better integrated!

So what is this all about? Well, installing Project Spark!

By downloading this tool and running it, in a few simple steps you'll get your Project Spark! Please note I am not affiliated to Team Dakota or Microsoft and work on my own. Everything here has been obtained legally and the script made by myself. This tool is due to evolve and is still in early state, but does the job for most of us. Make sure to register on this forum to be kept uptodate about future developments and improvements.

I do feel sorry for Xbox One users, but no solutions were yet found, but I keep good faith that one will emerge soon or later

EDIT 2017

A Microsoft archive still contains a valid link to the app: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/project-spark/9wzdncrfhw95 Give it a try, it works for some, for others not. The account activation won't happen even if you get it from there. Some simple steps to maybe get you a working copy from this technic are:
- Download /install from the above link
- Check if it's working, if not:
- Contact MS support, tell them you have Project Spark, but it's not letting you in, telling you to use the account used to purchase Project Spark. !!DO NOT MENTION YOU DID DOWNLOAD FROM THIS ARCHIVE LINK!! Not a word, tell them you own it since long, can't remember when, blablabla
- They will see on your account that you actually own Project Spark and will try to make your account able to access the service.
- No good returns from this technic yet, but who knows, if enough people annoy them....

TOPIC

Instructions (Windows 10)
Please do follow these steps carefully to make sure you get Project Spark installed without any problems. Make sure to turn off hibernation on your computer, if you plan to leave it to download, or the download will be cut when the computer goes to sleep

• Download the latest script
    DeployProjectSpark.rar
  • Extract it where ever you want using your favorite archiver (winrar, winzip, 7zip, gunzip or any will do)
  • Set you computer to sideload apps. In Windows 10, go to "settings" and to "Security and Update". Then chose the last option on the left "For developpers". You will be presented three options, chose the middle one "Sideload apps". Accept the warning Windows will shoot
  • Run the tool with admin elevation. To do so just right click DeployProjectSpark.bat and choose "Run as admin"
  • Follow the instructions on screen
  • Sit tight and relax, the download is long (>2Go)

Make sure to report any problem encountered on this forum and I will gladly assist and update the script to correct any problem

Instructions (Windows 8)
This is under test, might not work yet, please report
Windows 8 doesn't support app sideloading by default. You can activate that though...

• Download this little script to activate sideloading
    activateSideloadingWin8.zip
  • Run the tool with admin elevation
  • Follow onscreen instructions
  • Close the tool and follow Windows 10 instructions above

#downloadprojectspark #projectspark #installprojectspark #sparkon #getprojectspark #reviveprojectspark #projectsparklegacy

History
These are of no use for you, always use the latest script
DeployProjectSpark.zip
DeployProjectSpark.zip
DeployProjectSpark.zip
DeployProjectSpark.zip
DeployProjectSpark.zip
DeployProjectSpark.zip
DeployProjectSpark.zip
DeployProjectSpark.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tristanleboss

Re: I say we can! (Download Project Spark after may the 13th)

Post#2 » Tue May 17, 2016 12:08 am

What you need to do now is to find out about the protocol used by the game to communicate with its server.

For this, you need to use Fiddler. Install it, launch it. Configure it:
- allow it to log traffic from the game using the "WinConfig" button
- allow it to decrypt HTTPS traffic by going to Tools > Fiddler Options > HTTPS and check "Decrypt HTTS traffic"
Then, launch the game, login, do some things.

Fiddler will then log all the traffic to and from the game server. You will want to save the dump by going to File > Save > All Sessions...

Afterwards, you will be able to reverse engineer it and maybe create a new simple server (emulator). It's what they did for GameSpy for example (https://www.qtracker.com/master-gamespy.php).

Regarding the Xbox, you can also configure Fiddler to act as a proxy server (Tools > Fiddler Options > Connections > Allow remote computers to connect) and then probably set up the Xbox to use it.

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Post#3 » Tue May 17, 2016 6:53 am

Yep I know, the emulator is 50% made. I had dumped the traffic since long for every PS actions

foldjarl

Post#4 » Tue May 17, 2016 9:08 pm

Thank you so much =]]

PulseSnK
Level 1
Level 1

Post#5 » Tue May 17, 2016 11:16 pm

How many bytes does it have to write for the web request, also, thank you so much.

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Post#6 » Tue May 17, 2016 11:18 pm

As the script says, it's over 2go download... To be exact: 2 252 273 063 octets

gepp0
Level 1
Level 1

Post#7 » Tue May 17, 2016 11:36 pm

I can confirm this works, and it's quite a good script, btw, thank you. Psychokiller1888!
Another thing we lack, at the moment, is the ability to run the app, for a user which had not "bought" it before it got pulled out from the market...basically, you can watch the intro, yet if you try to play, it will ask you to login with your microsoft account, then see you have not really "bought" the app and back to the intro...

Brasten
Level 1
Level 1

Post#8 » Wed May 18, 2016 4:07 am

Thank you again Psychokiller1888. As this goes along I may have to see about sending you a gift for all your hard work and time.

I'm still downloading the AppX, and will try a few installs and come back with comments. We'd need to get someone to try using their XboxID and see if they are counted as being valid, if they've already been playing PS on the Xbox, but not on the PC.

SwarmHammer
Level 1
Level 1

Post#9 » Wed May 18, 2016 4:21 am

Brasten wrote:Thank you again Psychokiller1888. As this goes along I may have to see about sending you a gift for all your hard work and time.

I'm still downloading the AppX, and will try a few installs and come back with comments. We'd need to get someone to try using their XboxID and see if they are counted as being valid, if they've already been playing PS on the Xbox, but not on the PC.

The best way to try is to create a new windows account and install under that new account.

Erokaution

Post#10 » Wed May 18, 2016 4:23 am

So, to touch on something gepp0 lightly mentioned;

I heard about Project Spark about 4 days ago. Right before it got shut down. I'm extremely interested in it, as someone who already likes to program and play with things in my spare time.
However, since I haven't actually bought PS, what should I do to play with it now?
I'd love to buy and support it, but saying as how it's already been officially discontinued, I'm pretty sure that's off the table. Also not quite sure about the legality of everything to begin with now.
All around, I'm not sure what I should do to play with PS down the road. Either way I'm sure I have a bit of waiting to do still while things get re-set up.

Thank you very much for your efforts to keep this going. I'll be looking forward to see what arises from Project Sparks' ashes.

Return to “Tutorials and guides”