I say we can! (Download Project Spark after may the 13th)

Have something important that other people might find usefull? Well, drop it here and help others!
Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Re: I say we can! (Download Project Spark after may the 13th)

Post#31 » Wed May 18, 2016 11:29 pm

Ok, uploaded v 0.0.5 that takes care of the dependencies for full installations

PulseSnK
Level 1
Level 1

Post#32 » Wed May 18, 2016 11:38 pm

Have you any ideas on the sign in error?

Brasten
Level 1
Level 1

Post#33 » Wed May 18, 2016 11:49 pm

PulseSnK wrote:Have you any ideas on the sign in error?

Try making a new Local (not MS) account, and launch Project Spark from there. It should walk you through sign-ins. Just don't let it convert your Local account to an MS linked account. You can do one time authorizations to the Store and individual applications. If that doesn't work, try logging in directly to the Store app. Then launching Spark.

Brasten
Level 1
Level 1

Post#34 » Wed May 18, 2016 11:53 pm

Psychokiller1888 wrote:
Be carefull, it's hosted here on servers where I cannot go down for DCMA... If it's overseas, USA, you certainly cannot host the appx like that. I can make a batch for overseas too, should be faster download. If you have the file hosted on some server let me know, I'll add it

I'd say don't link to it in your apps yourself, let people who are having issue find their way to it on their own.

PulseSnK
Level 1
Level 1

Post#35 » Wed May 18, 2016 11:55 pm

Thanks for your suggestions Brasten! I'll definitely try that.

gameu

Post#36 » Thu May 19, 2016 3:05 am

How does one enable "for developers" security settings in windows 8?

SwarmHammer
Level 1
Level 1

Post#37 » Thu May 19, 2016 4:30 am

gameu wrote:How does one enable "for developers" security settings in windows 8?

unfortunately on windows 8.1 it's much harder to get into sideloading mode. In fact, you can only do it on Windows 8.1 Enterprise edition. For windows 10 users, it's part of the windows experience for all, even on home 32 bits editions you can sideload apps, You should upgrade to windows 10 while it's still free. There is some solutions proposed for the controller bug. One involves working in windowed mode and click outside of the spark window. The other requires to have a Windows 10 Pro edition on your PS installed PC, then use any tablet, smartphone, or remote touch capable PC, and connect to your PC using Remote Desktop or Win store/app store/android play store Microsoft Remote Desktop app. Put the PC itself in tablet mode in Action Center from remote desktop screen. Disconnect from remote desktop. Then log back in on the PC and start project spark. It seems that Remote Desktop leaves something behind that removes the bug temporaily because of any touch capability that will be triggered by the remote device (which allows to use touch remotely). Logging out or restarting the PC will reset everything to normal, so the process has to be restarted over.

SwarmHammer
Level 1
Level 1

Post#38 » Thu May 19, 2016 5:00 am

Psychokiller1888 wrote:Ok, uploaded v 0.0.5 that takes care of the dependencies for full installations

The new script complains about dependencies that requires sideloading apps be activated in Settings. It's already set that way on my PC. Edited the script, I think you were redirecting an exit == 0 to failure when it probably should have been exit == 1 in the appx add-appxpackage sections for the dependencies. (In other word: if %errorlevel% == 1 goto dep_dependancies_failed should read a 1 or anything not 0) I fixed it so far so it works for me.

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Post#39 » Thu May 19, 2016 10:11 am

Fixed, thanks Swarm!

SwarmHammer wrote:
gameu wrote:unfortunately on windows 8.1 it's much harder to get into sideloading mode. In fact, you can only do it on Windows 8.1 Enterprise edition

Mmmh.... No.... There's a trick, a really simple one :) Who has Windows 8 and wants to test?

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Post#40 » Thu May 19, 2016 11:01 am

Added Windows 8 alpha support. Please report, cannot test here

Return to “Tutorials and guides”