I say we can! (Download Project Spark after may the 13th)

Have something important that other people might find usefull? Well, drop it here and help others!
ChoosingJoker

Re: I say we can! (Download Project Spark after may the 13th)

Post#71 » Fri May 27, 2016 4:36 pm

Was working through the wrong disk drive - rookie mistake. It works now to the point of needing a login account. Hope everything is coming along for you, you are doing a great job mate!

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Post#72 » Sat May 28, 2016 7:26 am

I'll need one person for some private tests....

Requirements:
  • Windows 10 installed and running
  • Appx downloaded
  • Project Spark installed and not crashing
  • A "please login with the account used to purchase" error account
  • Skype with voice
  • I'm Swiss, so GMT +1 and +1 summer time
  • No kiddo, I want to test, please be of good spirit, I know where you live and I will hunt you down if you try to f*** me ( :) )

Contact me through private message only on this forum.

EDIT
Ok, got two testers already, thanks

PulseSnK
Level 1
Level 1

Post#73 » Tue May 31, 2016 2:59 pm

Is the "cohesive" guide going to be in one of the threads or as its own post? Great work by the way, shows dedication.

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Post#74 » Tue May 31, 2016 3:01 pm

It's going to be a global announcement topic. But I'm not yet there, MS made it hard to us...

PulseSnK
Level 1
Level 1

Post#75 » Tue May 31, 2016 8:49 pm

Cool cool. Keep up the good work :)

SwarmHammer
Level 1
Level 1

Post#76 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:26 am

Muffin Man wrote:I was planning to buy a new laptop anyway since my current one is pretty obsolete, so I didn't mean to say I'm getting one just for Project Spark. But thanks for the warning! Hopefully it will still be possible to share stuff online somehow once the servers go down. Or at least hopefully we will still at least be able to play the stuff that's already been made.

I would say that upgrading your laptop to be close to a gaming grade laptop even in the case you can't play Project Spark you will have the requirements to use most engines out there.

It is already possible to share stuff on PC by using the SparkShare app Psycho wrote (it does most of what was only promised by TD, like brain/assemblies sharing and more). The downside of this is that you will only be able to play other's work if they uploaded it with the sparkshare app. And it only works on PC (for now).

PulseSnK
Level 1
Level 1

Post#77 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:39 am

I would always recommend a PC over laptop though, since a close to gaming grade laptop will be trounced by a PC of the same price.

ONE FUZZY BUNNY

Post#78 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:11 am

Not sure what to do. I am taking care of my father after his strokes. His PC has Windows 8, (I only have XP, so I'm using his), and there is only the one user ID on the PC, and it clearly has administrative rights. I've done other things that required administrative rights with no problem. However, the sideloader fails saying, "Failure: Please run this tool with administrator rights". Psychokiller1888, any advice?

My interest in Project Spark is twofold:
1) My son, (who is in another state), used it on his Xbox, and created stuff good enough to get the "Quite a following" achievement. I want to see what he built.
2) I have been a long time user of programs like Bryce and DAZ3D, and, after seeing the power of this program on the main web site, I want to see what I can create.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Post#79 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:06 am

Do you run it by right clicking it and "Run as administrator"? Being logged in an admin session isn't enough to run administrative rights

choosemyfate

Post#80 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:18 am

Thank you for this!

Return to “Tutorials and guides”