I say we can! (Download Project Spark after may the 13th)

Have something important that other people might find usefull? Well, drop it here and help others!
gameu
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3

Re: I say we can! (Download Project Spark after may the 13th)

Post#11 » Wed May 18, 2016 4:29 am

Thanks for getting this setup.

I am attempting to run the script and getting the error "Unfortunatley we were unable to download the package. The server might be down, please try later."

Is this no longer working?

Edited to add:

Full error:
Invoke-Webrequest : exception of type 'system.outofmemoryexception' was thrown


Thanks
Brad

Brasten
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 19

Re: I say we can! (Download Project Spark after may the 13th)

Post#12 » Wed May 18, 2016 7:42 am

SwarmHammer wrote:The best way to try is to create a new windows account and install under that new account.


Well I'm actually more concerned in the short term (before August) for Xbox One users who are only hearing about the Sunset now. And now can't even get PS on a PC to save their work for later. My open question is if the XBox Store authorization carries over to the MS Store for those currently XBox exclusive players. If it does, then this side-load should work for them, and we have the core of UGC evacuation plan for them. If it doesn't, they really got the rug yanked out from under them hard, and will need to go an extra step of finding a PC using friend who already at least downloaded PS once. MS really should have waited to pull the program from the PC store until the UGC was shut off.

User avatar
Psychokiller1888
Site Admin
Posts: 367
Contact:

Re: I say we can! (Download Project Spark after may the 13th)

Post#13 » Wed May 18, 2016 9:27 am

Erokaution wrote:So, to touch on something gepp0 lightly mentioned;

I heard about Project Spark about 4 days ago. Right before it got shut down. I'm extremely interested in it, as someone who already likes to program and play with things in my spare time.
However, since I haven't actually bought PS, what should I do to play with it now?
I'd love to buy and support it, but saying as how it's already been officially discontinued, I'm pretty sure that's off the table. Also not quite sure about the legality of everything to begin with now.
All around, I'm not sure what I should do to play with PS down the road. Either way I'm sure I have a bit of waiting to do still while things get re-set up.

Thank you very much for your efforts to keep this going. I'll be looking forward to see what arises from Project Sparks' ashes.


Well I'd say if it doesn't work with this, you can still download it through my other trick:

- https://www.microsoft.com/fr-fr/store/g ... zdncrfhw95
- If it says that the app is not available, just set your computer to region "France" before using the link, start the download and set your computer back wherever it should be



gameu wrote:Thanks for getting this setup.

I am attempting to run the script and getting the error "Unfortunatley we were unable to download the package. The server might be down, please try later."

Is this no longer working?

Edited to add:

Full error:
Invoke-Webrequest : exception of type 'system.outofmemoryexception' was thrown


Thanks
Brad


I think this one is self explanatory, so before I go check everything can you confirm you have more than 2go free on your C drive?

User avatar
Psychokiller1888
Site Admin
Posts: 367
Contact:

Re: I say we can! (Download Project Spark after may the 13th)

Post#14 » Wed May 18, 2016 9:32 am

Brasten wrote:
SwarmHammer wrote:The best way to try is to create a new windows account and install under that new account.


Well I'm actually more concerned in the short term (before August) for Xbox One users who are only hearing about the Sunset now. And now can't even get PS on a PC to save their work for later. My open question is if the XBox Store authorization carries over to the MS Store for those currently XBox exclusive players. If it does, then this side-load should work for them, and we have the core of UGC evacuation plan for them. If it doesn't, they really got the rug yanked out from under them hard, and will need to go an extra step of finding a PC using friend who already at least downloaded PS once. MS really should have waited to pull the program from the PC store until the UGC was shut off.


Hmmmm.... The auth should carry over for sure, both hardware do use the same service, Xbox Live. The problem is something else... It's not the same app. You have distinct successes for both of them. So you say we need a way to make MS believe you "purchased" the app... I would turn the problem over and make PS believe that MS store agreed on the transaction... I'll go dig that :)

gepp0
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 17

Re: I say we can! (Download Project Spark after may the 13th)

Post#15 » Wed May 18, 2016 11:52 am

Psychokiller1888 wrote:Well I'd say if it doesn't work with this, you can still download it through my other trick:

- https://www.microsoft.com/fr-fr/store/g ... zdncrfhw95
- If it says that the app is not available, just set your computer to region "France" before using the link, start the download and set your computer back wherever it should be

Hello there, and thanks for the suggestion.
I tried this, last night, but unfortunately I was not able to "buy" the app...I don't know if this is because they patched the leak or else... :(

PulseSnK
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 27

Re: I say we can! (Download Project Spark after may the 13th)

Post#16 » Wed May 18, 2016 4:26 pm

Thanks for answering my last question, just one more :)

I have downloaded the game, but it asks me to sign in, I do, and it then gives me an error saying I must be signed into the account that I used to purchase the game :(

Any ideas?

User avatar
Psychokiller1888
Site Admin
Posts: 367
Contact:

Re: I say we can! (Download Project Spark after may the 13th)

Post#17 » Wed May 18, 2016 4:29 pm

Are you using an account that never had Project Spark before?

PulseSnK
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 27

Re: I say we can! (Download Project Spark after may the 13th)

Post#18 » Wed May 18, 2016 4:33 pm

Yes, I am. Is that an issue, or is there a workaround? I am currently re-installing to see if that fixes it.

User avatar
Psychokiller1888
Site Admin
Posts: 367
Contact:

Re: I say we can! (Download Project Spark after may the 13th)

Post#19 » Wed May 18, 2016 4:35 pm

It's an issue yes, that I am currently working on. There should soon be a way to use PS even on these accounts, but I'm not yet done

PulseSnK
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 27

Re: I say we can! (Download Project Spark after may the 13th)

Post#20 » Wed May 18, 2016 4:37 pm

Thanks, I am again trying to reinstall but (this didn't happen last time) I am getting a red error. Any ideas?

Return to “Tutorials and guides”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron