I say we can! (Download Project Spark after may the 13th)

Have something important that other people might find usefull? Well, drop it here and help others!
Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Re: I say we can! (Download Project Spark after may the 13th)

Post#21 » Wed May 18, 2016 4:51 pm

Without more info I cannot help, red error can mean thousand of different things...
MICRO ¯ ¯ ¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿ ¯ ¯ SOFT
http://www.sickrabbitstudios.com

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Post#22 » Wed May 18, 2016 5:05 pm

PulseSnK wrote:Thanks for answering my last question, just one more :)

I have downloaded the game, but it asks me to sign in, I do, and it then gives me an error saying I must be signed into the account that I used to purchase the game :(

Any ideas?

Ok, I just tried this and it works flawlessly... So there's something you do wrong

Understand that you must sign into xbox.com using the same email adress you are using to log in your Windows sessions
MICRO ¯ ¯ ¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿ ¯ ¯ SOFT

PulseSnK
Level 1
Level 1

Post#23 » Wed May 18, 2016 5:11 pm

add-appxpackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF3, Package failed updates, dependency or conflict validation.
Windows cannot install package Microsoft.Dakota because this package depends on another package that could not be found. This package requires
minimum version 12.0.21005.1 of framework Microsoft.VCLibs.120.00 published by any publisher to install. Provide the framework along with this
package.
NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 7e411876-b108-0001-5a33-417e08b1d101 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppxLog
-ActivityID 7e411876-b108-0001-5a33-417e08b1d101
At line:1 char:4
+ & {add-appxpackage C:\Users\Josh\Downloads\Microsoft.Dakota_1.21.5090 ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : WriteError: (C:\Users\Josh\D...kyb3d8bbwe.Appx:String) [Add-AppxPackage], IOException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

That's the error :)

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Post#24 » Wed May 18, 2016 5:36 pm

Ok, I know what happens. Expect a fix till tomorrow

PulseSnK
Level 1
Level 1

Post#25 » Wed May 18, 2016 5:37 pm

Thanks so much ^_^

gameu

Post#26 » Wed May 18, 2016 7:57 pm

I have confirmed that I have 563GB of space on c drive

Attached is a screenshot of complete error I am getting

Screenshot (1).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Brasten
Level 1
Level 1

Post#27 » Wed May 18, 2016 8:28 pm

In the short term I'm going to put up a mirror for the AppX here. It's not ideal and I'm looking for a better file host for this, but it should help with downloads for now.

Note: the Appx needs to be placed in the Downloads folder of the Admin account that will be running the BAT file. This may not be the same folder as the account you are trying to add it to. For example my normal user account is a non-admin one, and I also do testing in Local accounts. The BAT looks at the Admin account that is running it, for the AppX file.

PulseSnK
Level 1
Level 1

Post#28 » Wed May 18, 2016 8:58 pm

I actually figured out the solution for anyone receiving error 0x80073CF3 (the one in red in my previous post). Simply install the Windows store app "Plex" (It's free) or any other app containing the packages you need, Plex works 100% though so I recommend that. After installing Project Spark through the launcher, you can then uninstall Plex. Happy creating :)

PulseSnK
Level 1
Level 1

Post#29 » Wed May 18, 2016 10:47 pm

OK, I have got the game installed, and I followed your instructions from the other thread about a fresh account, and no matter what I do, it will not work. It just gives me the same "log in to the account you purchased with" error. :oops:

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Post#30 » Wed May 18, 2016 11:21 pm

Brasten wrote:In the short term I'm going to put up a mirror for the AppX here. It's not ideal and I'm looking for a better file host for this, but it should help with downloads for now.

Note: the Appx needs to be placed in the Downloads folder of the Admin account that will be running the BAT file. This may not be the same folder as the account you are trying to add it to. For example my normal user account is a non-admin one, and I also do testing in Local accounts. The BAT looks at the Admin account that is running it, for the AppX file.

Be carefull, it's hosted here on servers where I cannot go down for DCMA... If it's overseas, USA, you certainly cannot host the appx like that. I can make a batch for overseas too, should be faster download. If you have the file hosted on some server let me know, I'll add it

PulseSnK wrote:I actually figured out the solution for anyone receiving error 0x80073CF3 (the one in red in my previous post). Simply install the Windows store app "Plex" (It's free) or any other app containing the packages you need, Plex works 100% though so I recommend that. After installing Project Spark through the launcher, you can then uninstall Plex. Happy creating :)

Great! What you need is Microsoft.VCLibs.120.00_12.0.21005.1_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.Appx and I'm adding that to the batch as dependency download so that the error doesn't happen anymore in the future

Return to “Tutorials and guides”