My levels aren't showing in the share list

A good place to start looking for answers to your questions
Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

My levels aren't showing in the share list

Post#1 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:13 am

It can happen that a level that is available for you to edit in Project Spark isn't showing up in SparkShare share list.

There are several reasons to that, so first of all let's list what SparkShare will not propose for upload:

• Levels that have been downloaded with SparkShare
  • Levels you did not save and that are only autosaved
  • Levels that are not named (meaning, not saved)
  • Obviously levels that are not on your computer but only on the cloud (just save them locally)

These 4 cases are intentionally dropped from the share list. The first point is open for discussion if the community feels like it

Now there is another kind of levels that do not appear and that is more of a bug. Some older levels aren't in the same format like the newer ones made lately (2015? Only TD could answer)
Usually these levels pass the 4 above mentionned points but still aren't proposed for upload. This is due to the fact that SparkShare need to extract the world name from the binary file by reading it but fails as the format doesn't allow SparkShare to read it.
There is a solution though, that has proven working until now: Open up Project Spark, edit that level. Once in the editor, just do a slight change, nothing great, just change something like create a tiny elevation somewhere, rotate a prop by 1 degree, whatever. Hit the menu and save your world. Once done, relaunch SparkShare and the level should be available.

If not, then we've hit a yet unknown problem and I would be pleased to help you solve it. Take contact through pm with me so that we can make this work

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Re: My levels aren't showing in the share list

Post#2 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:25 pm

This should be fixed with the recent SparkShare update (1.3.4)

Zael06

Post#3 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:03 pm

Hello Psychokiller1888.
First of all, thank you so much for your wonderful program!! You are the new Project Spark
prophet, for all the game makers eager to share their new creations after this sad day of 2016
May 13th. You deserver an award!!
Here is my problem : I just registered today to SparkShare, but my levels won't show up.
There is a question haunting me (question that may sound stupid, but I did it so quickly
that maybe I've done it wrong) : when I registered, did I have to register with the user
name I had with Project Spark? Because I did not, I created another one.
Otherwise, I really don't know what is going on. I hope you can help me.
Thanks by advance, and thank you for all your work!!

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Post#4 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:13 pm

Hi! Thanks for you kind words

You do not need to register using the same nickname or whatever, SparkShare is totally offshore from Microsoft. By reading you message I get the feeling you think SparkShare would show you the levels you have on another device (xbox one)? This is not the case, only the level, assemblies and brains you have locally on your computer will show up

Zael06

Post#5 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:29 pm

Hi again, and thank you for your quick answer!
No, my Project Spark is installed on my computer (Windows 8.1). But, as a stupid
question does not come alone, and as I took a loooong break from Project Spark, I
really don't know where my games are saved. Indeed, this may sound idiot, but I
never really thought about it. I only know that they are saved locally, but I don't
know where.

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Post#6 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:11 pm

If it doesn't show anything it might mean that there's nothing to show. To make it sure, click on cortana and paste

%localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.Dakota_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Dakota

It will open the explorer within the directoy where the assets are.

Zael06

Post#7 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:28 pm

Yeeeess!! It worked!! (I would never have found it by myself, but I was almost there!)
There are all my levels/brains and so on saved on my computer.
I will try tomorrow again to see if I can make it appear in Spark Share.
I will let you know whether I succeeded or not. By the way, thank you again for your
help, and again for creation!!

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Post#8 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:37 pm

So everything's there but you say that the "Share" window on SparkShare is empty?

Zael06

Post#9 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:19 am

Absolutely.
Actually, the window is even just grey. I mean
that "Share", "1/2", "Select a File", "Assemblies"...
and so on, none of these words appear. It's just blank.

Zael06

Post#10 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:10 pm

Hello, Psychokiller.
Sorry again, but it still doesn't want to work.
I tried many things (move the SparkShare program to PS folder, deploy, copy, reinstal PS...and so on)
nothing works.
I then downloaded a world (the "Sea of Thieves" one), it worked. I could open it in PS.
I also tried what you wrote (to do a slight change in my world and then save it), re-open
SparkShare, but still nothing. In fact, the "Share" tab is totally empty. This is so strange.
Do you have any idea? Because I really can't figure out what is going wrong.
Sorry about this, and thank you for your patience.

Return to “FAQ”