Twitter

Want to chat with others? Feel free to do it here
LucidStew
Level 3
Level 3

Twitter

Post#1 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:19 am

#sparkshare is basically not used currently on Twitter. This hashtag would be a great way of keeping up to date on new Sparkshare content without having to open the program. Anyone else interested in utilizing this hashtag?
End of line.

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Re: Twitter

Post#2 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:34 am

Yep, Twitter... I must say I did not go into the social networks much further than creating a useless FB page that I did not even advert... We could go for it, and I could make SparkShare auto post on Twitter the same way it does on the internal chat when new content is uploaded, using #sparkshare?

EDIT
There is a profile @sparkshare and that's not me...

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Post#3 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:03 am

Just made @SparkSharePS and will use it to auto post new content to SparkShare. Thanks for pushing me doing it!

https://twitter.com/SparkSharePS

LucidStew
Level 3
Level 3

Post#4 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:29 pm

yeah, just a good, easy way of reminding people about Sparkshare. Sometimes I forget to open it for a while. :?
End of line.

LucidStew
Level 3
Level 3

Post#5 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:54 am

those auto-tweets are working out nicely, but could get a bit overwhelming once traffic is up. Would there be an easy way to compile them and then tweet out a bundle? Like right now, let's say you upload 5 things. You generate 5 tweets. Might be easier on followers to have one tweet indicating 5 uploads.
End of line.

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Post#6 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:18 am

I thought that yes, but Twitter limit is 140 characters so it is hard to compress the asset name (usually around 15 chars), the directlink (31-36 chars) and the author (max 15 chars)... In my opinion the biggest traffic will be commenting, reviewing, downloading etc etc etc. But if we start having 50 uploads/days, sure, we gonna have to change that twitter strategy

LucidStew
Level 3
Level 3

Post#7 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:21 am

My thought was more like "Lucid Stew added 5 new assets to #sparkshare today!"

We'll see if we can manage that 50 uploads/day yet. ;)
End of line.

Return to “General discussions”