Afterlife Game Plan

Want to chat with others? Feel free to do it here
EddieGrapes
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Afterlife Game Plan

Post#11 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:22 am

but i feel like the majority of project spark was severe amateurs and kids. Not that theres anything wrong with that everyone starts somewhere, but i feel like one of the main problems with spark from the beggining was that the games couldnt really be shared in any medium outside of a Windows Store App (has anybody ever actually downloaded anything off of that store other than PS?) What i think would really be awesome and help get the word out would be if someone could take those lvl files and turn them into executables. I know thats impossible to do, but i think if that could happen or they did that in the first place, Project spark would be huge right now.

LucidStew
Level 3
Level 3

Post#12 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:01 am

EddieGrapes wrote:but i feel like the majority of project spark was severe amateurs and kids. Not that theres anything wrong with that everyone starts somewhere, but i feel like one of the main problems with spark from the beggining was that the games couldnt really be shared in any medium outside of a Windows Store App (has anybody ever actually downloaded anything off of that store other than PS?) What i think would really be awesome and help get the word out would be if someone could take those lvl files and turn them into executables. I know thats impossible to do, but i think if that could happen or they did that in the first place, Project spark would be huge right now.

Way past that point now. This is what's left, and I doubt the situation will improve any.
End of line.

bpottle
Level 1
Level 1

Post#13 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:19 pm

I agree. If there was one thing that I could go back and change, it would be the ability to export .exe

If there were two things it would be the ability to import custom models and the ability for individual creators to charge for those models with MS taking a cut.

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Post#14 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:34 pm

Is it really impossible? :) ===> Ok, I'm out lol

LucidStew
Level 3
Level 3

Post#15 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:24 pm

Psychokiller1888 wrote:Is it really impossible? :) ===> Ok, I'm out lol

dont go building an executable version for 4 people :P
End of line.

EddieGrapes
Level 1
Level 1

Post#16 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:09 pm

if thats in any way possible, and theres anything i can do to help let me know.
And i completely agree about the custom models. I remember a rumor going around like a year ago that would be included in the update with the dragon and everything, but sadly, they were just rumors.

bpottle
Level 1
Level 1

Post#17 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:02 pm

how difficult would it be? I'm assuming no one here has the source for PS. I do feel like that could bring a lot of the community back, but I'm sure it would violate the terms of service from MS.

EddieGrapes
Level 1
Level 1

Post#18 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:43 am

isnt anyone still using PS at this point is technically violating terms of service? its not like wed be charging money for it, just letting the world see our creations. Also i only updated to windows 8 to use PS, and only bought a kinnect for PS. there was literally no other benefit to either one of those decisions, i feel like MS kinda owes me one for that

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Post#19 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:12 am

Tbh, who cares about the tos? Maybe Americans should be a bit more carefull, other than that... But the facts are here. PS down since over a week, no usage raise here, no community or will to continue. Technically it's not fair from me to let people like lucid waste his time importing tons of topics, and other people trying to engage a dead horse. For the third time MS lied about PS btw, by saying they would close the official forums same time... Their techs are so noobs they forgot to redirect the sub domains... If even they can't do that...

LucidStew
Level 3
Level 3

Post#20 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:52 am

My philosophy has been to give it a shot every step of the way and see what happens. In regards to the PS community, this was always propped up on the shoulders of a few who went to extraordinary lengths. 4 people made more PS Youtube videos combined than the rest of the entire world. The top 5 posters on the .com forums made something like 15% of all posts. The Wiki was done nearly entirely by 2-3 people. .org website by 3 or 4. LadyLexUK wrote a complete manual for the game BY HERSELF. Psycho wrote this amazing program on his own. And that was when tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of people were using PS. Nearly all of them have been lost. This isn't something thats going to be carried on forever for no particular reason. I'm going to continue using PS because I like it, I'm good at it, and its fun. At the same time, I'm fully engaged in learning to use Unity and I'm involved in the early PS4 Dreams community, so PS community isn't a must for me. I planned to move on from PS long before the end was announced anyway. There was a little bump in SS usage right when the servers went down, but its right back where it was a month ago. It's over. Not enough people are interested. I moved the info from the .com forums mostly as a form of mourning. I made more posts than anyone. I spent a lot of time on that. Seeing it set adrift as a hulk sucks for me. But life goes on.
End of line.

Return to “General discussions”