Private shares Topic is solved

Where devs ask for help and users help
Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Private shares  Topic is solved

Post#1 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:25 pm

On projectspark.com Hallorin brought up the subject of privacy. Basically, would it be possible to share only to specified recipients.

Let's start from the begining and brainstorm a little:

• Is it a good idea
  • What would that bring to the app
  • Would you want such a feature
  • How would you feel seeing private shares you cannot access
  • How should it be implemented if ever
  • That could be a premium feature
  • Locks active on a limited time and then unlocks to the community, allowing private work for a while

Feel free to throw your ideas here, but respect others ideas too, nothing's stupid and everything could lead to a great idea

Zgloug
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Private shares

Post#2 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:17 pm

"Publish" button with options :
- for me only,
- for all community,
- for some people (list of names).

Shared packages "for all community" are visible to the all community. "For me only", just for me only. "For some people", for the people I selected.

"For me only" could be used for backup, work in progress.
"For some people" can be helpful for teamwork.

Hallorin

Post#3 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:17 pm

I would be glad about such a feature because it would support alpha and beta testing among friends. Could be a temporary offer! So users could choose between the public share and a time limited private share.

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Post#4 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:26 am

In my opinion, I'd say that the time limited privacy is pretty neat, as it gives, as said already, the oportunity for project co-working in privacy, but also goes back the Project Saprk idea of sharing at the end.

Storage only option is also not bad, but as I said, the whole thing is space.... And as long as I can avoid upgrading to a server I will have to pay, I'll try to limit the uploads to contributions to all the community. Private storage could be a premium function maybe.

Hallorin

Post#5 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:47 pm

Psychokiller1888 wrote:In my opinion, I'd say that the time limited privacy is pretty neat, as it gives, as said already, the oportunity for project co-working in privacy, but also goes back the Project Saprk idea of sharing at the end.

Exactly! =)

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Post#6 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:18 am

Alpha 5 new privacy settings:

• Public: Unlimited download from the community - Normal account
  • Locked until next month: Will password lock the upload for 31 days. Only people with the password will be able to download. After the month is over, it naturally unlocks and falls back to "Public" - Normal account
  • Storage only: Allows data storage, making the owner of an upload the only one able to see/download it. - Premium account

Thanks for your help on this one. I'd hope more people would join in the future. Shaping this release will in my opinion and seeing the lack of community involvement, be the last great changes and after a short testing period with alpha users, i'll shoot out the beta

bobkidd73

Post#7 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:58 pm

Psychokiller1888 wrote:Alpha 5 new privacy settings:

• Public: Unlimited download from the community - Normal account
  • Locked until next month: Will password lock the upload for 31 days. Only people with the password will be able to download. After the month is over, it naturally unlocks and falls back to "Public" - Normal account
  • Storage only: Allows data storage, making the owner of an upload the only one able to see/download it. - Premium account

Thanks for your help on this one. I'd hope more people would join in the future. Shaping this release will in my opinion and seeing the lack of community involvement, be the last great changes and after a short testing period with alpha users, i'll shoot out the beta

This seems fair to me.

AncientClown11
Level 1
Level 1

Post#8 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:18 am

Excellent...i meant to mention earlier i thought Zgloug said pretty much the same thing i was thinking, but then got side-tracked and forgot since the idea had already been shared. I think you've hit the nail on the head with your approach and implementation. Well done.

Psychokiller1888
Site Admin

Post#9 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:23 am

Well thank you both for the reply, but that's implemented since looong now :)

AncientClown11
Level 1
Level 1

Post#10 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:22 am

Yeah :oops: ...that was more of a better late then never post. :lol:

Return to “Neurone zone”